It’s not everyday you can successfully mix spicy and sweet but when tart cranberries, spicy jalapeño, and creamy cheese come together on a crunchy bread crisps, everyone wins. This appetizer is a perfect starter for your gatherings, dinner parties, or just to show off on your Instagram feed. Plus, it’s as delicious as it is beautiful. Be ready to share this recipe with everyone who samples it.
Adapted from Tabler Party of Two
- Angelic Bakehouse Crisps (Sea Salt or Rye)
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 pound fresh cranberries, rinsed well
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup plain whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine cranberries and sugar. Pulse until well mixed and pour into a separate bowl.
- Mix in jalapeno, basil, and pomegranate seeds. Stir gently.
- Take bread crisps and spread 1 tbsp. of cream cheese on top.
- Top with 2 tbsp. cranberry relish.
- Garnish with additional chopped basil and serve.