This egg-in-a-basket sandwich recipe is a classic with Angelic Bakehouse bread, ham, and Swiss cheese. What a way to start the day! A nut-free breakfast for those mornings when you haven't run to the store in a few days but still crave something yummy!
- 2 slices of 7-Sprouted Whole Grain 7-Grain Bread
- 1 egg
- 2 thinly sliced pieces of ham (we like honey glazed!)
- 1 slice swiss cheese (other cheese of your choosing)
- Cut a hole in one of the pieces of bread using a round object found in your kitchen, or a knife (we used a shot glass).
- For a fun project for the kids or holidays, use cookie cutter shapes!
- Pop both pieces in the toaster until they are slightly browned.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet and drizzle EVOO to lightly coat the bottom.
- Crack an egg into the pan and let fry – if the egg white touching the pan is cooking faster than that on top, feel free to cover for a minute or two.
- Assemble sandwich with one piece of toast, ham, cheese, and fried egg on top.
- Place toast with hole on top so you can see the yolk. Serve with a side of skillet breakfast potatoes and enjoy!