You can do anything when you start your day with a protein-packed breakfast like this one! Use Angelic's low sodium wraps to make this tasty breakfast, heart healthy. These scrambled egg breakfast burritos come together rather quickly, so you might be able to make them during the week.
- 4 Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Wraps/Tortillas
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ c water or low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ c onion or scallion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ c mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c baby spinach
- Dash of salt, pepper
- 4 tbsp sharp cheese (feta, cheddar, Cotijo, etc.)
- ¼ c salsa
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and onion, pepper, and mushrooms; cook about 3-5 minutes until veggies are soft. Add spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs together with water or milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan and cook undisturbed for 1-2 minutes, then lightly scramble until egg is no longer runny. Divide eggs onto 4 wraps that have been warmed for 10 seconds in the microwave or heated on a dry skillet. Sprinkle each burrito with 1 tbsp cheese and salsa.
- Wrap up and enjoy. Makes 4.
Calories: 310 kcal Fat: 17.5 g. Saturated fat: 4.5 g. Carbohydrates: 24 g. Sodium: 610 mg. Fiber: 5 g. Protein: 15 g. Cholesterol: 275 mg.
Per serving: 30% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 12% calcium, 12% iron.