Recipe by Selena Sharpless @thenutritiouskitchen
One of the best things about the holidays is all of the leftovers … right?! These Turkey Enchilada Sliders are a great and creative way to use up leftover turkey and veggies. Toss in some enchilada sauce and load up on an Angelic Bakehouse dinner roll for a fiber and protein-packed meal!
- 1 pack of Angelic Bakehouse Slider Buns sliced in halves
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey, shredded
- Leftover Thanksgiving vegetables or salad (brussels sprout shreds, sweet potato, butternut, greens)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (low sugar, minimal ingredients)
- Goat cheese crumbles or vegan cheese
- Optional: fresh cilantro
- Toss the leftover turkey shreds in a large pan over medium high heat with a dash of olive oil. Allow to heat up for a few minutes then stir in vegetables and enchilada sauce. Continue to cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Set oven to broil and place the enchilada mixture onto one half of dinner rolls. Repeat until mixture is used up and top with cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes.
- Top each halve with the other half of the roll and add fresh cilantro. Enjoy!