Happy grilling season! These hot dogs are topped with a flavorful avocado corn salsa and a Greek yogurt chipotle drizzle – perfect addition to your summer bbq!
Father’s Day weekend = BBQ and of course, lots of hot dogs and brats! It can be hard to change up old habits with the classic toppings like ketchup and mustard; but we promise, this recipe is a game-changer! Topped with avocado corn salsa and drizzled with chipotle cream, you’ll be sure to want seconds, and maybe even thirds… Yeah, it really is that good, and healthy!
You can try these dogs using turkey sausages or vegan hot dogs, and substituting Greek yogurt for the chipotle cream. Or you can go all out. Either way, this is a hot dog that needs to make your Father’s Day menu!
- Angelic Bakehouse Hot Dog Buns
- Hot dogs of your choice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce of choice
- In a large bowl, combine corn, red onion cilantro, lime juice and salt. Stir in avocado; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt and hot sauce; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add hot dogs to the grill and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- To make hot dogs, add hot dogs into each bun, top with corn salsa and drizzle chipotle cream on each hot dog.