- Sprouted Rye Bread
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp olive oil mayo
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- ¼ tsp Tabasco
- 8 slices Angelic Bakehouse 7 Sprouted Whole Grain Rye Bread
- 4 sliced grilled portobello mushrooms
- 1 c Jeff’s Zauerkraut (live-fermented red sauerkraut)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (or 1½ c shredded)
- Combine ketchup, mayo, horseradish and Tabasco to create a Russian dressing.
- Preheat griddle or oven to 400° F.
- Spread Russian dressing on 8 slices of sprouted grain bread and set 4 slices aside.
- Layer 4 slices with ¼ of the grilled portobello slices, ¼ of the sauerkraut, and 2 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Top each sandwich with the final slice of bread. Lightly oil a griddle. Cook until bread is golden and cheese melts. Makes 4 servings.
- Oven method: Pre-toast bread. Lightly grease a baking sheet and build 4 sandwiches as above. Lightly butter or oil the top of the sandwich and bake for about 4 minutes until cheese melts.