- Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Start with preparing the pumpkin butter. In a small bowl, add soften butter and beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Once the butter is softened, add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, maple syrup, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1tsp ground cinnamon, and 1 tsp pumpkin spice. Beat with mixer for 1 minute, or until ingredients are fully combined. Set aside. (Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.)
- In a baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1 tsp pumpkin spice. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a small amount of butter to melt.
- Dip 1 or 2 slices of bread into mixture at a time (depending on how big your pan is) and place coated slices in hot pan. Cook each side until golden brown, around 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Serve French toast hot with a scoop of pumpkin butter. Top with maple syrup, cut up strawberries, bananas or chopped nuts if desired. Enjoy!