Homemade hummus is one of my favorite store-bought items to make at home & it is such a great way to consume a number of additional vitamins & minerals. You can incorporate literally any flavor into the spread that you can think of! This years version features sweet potato & turmeric, inspired by the flavors of Angelic Bakehouse’s Garden Wraps. The Turmeric & Sweet Potato Wraps give the hummus a beautiful yellow color, as well as an additional boost of nutrients.
There are so many ways you can enjoy this hummus too! You can serve the hummus with fresh vegetables, spread it onto a wrap or pair it with my homemade garlic crisps made with Angelic Bakehouse’s Garden Wraps! The wraps come in a variety of flavors (turmeric & sweet potato, kale + spinach, & beet), all made with sprouted whole grains. They toast up so nicely in the oven, making for a healthy alternative to tortilla chips.
Find the full recipe below! It is vegan friendly too.
- Angelic Bakehouse Garden Wraps (I used all three flavors)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 ounces), rinsed & drained
- 2 heaping tablespoons quality tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- pepitas, for garnish
- cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- Flaked salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the sweet potato in olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet & roast until fork tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor combine the sweet potato, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, ginger, tumeric, cayenne pepper, water & lemon juice. Blend for 60 seconds.
- Add the salt, pepper & olive oil. Blend on high speed until mixture is creamy & smooth. If mixture is thick, add additional water until desired consistency is reached. Taste for salt & adjust as needed.
- Transfer hummus to a large serving bowl & drizzle with additional olive oil. Top with pepitas & fresh herbs.
- Serve fresh with garlic crisps for dipping!