Believe it or not, these carrot hot dogs are the real deal … some may say they’re even better than traditional hot dogs? That’s a debate for a different day. They are savory, spicy, a bit sweet, and the perfect vegan twist to a classic!
This vegan version of a hot dog is a much healthier and even cheaper option than traditional hot dogs, plus it’s super easy to make. Serve these in an Angelic Bakehouse Hot Dog Bun, load it up with all kinds of deliciousness on top, and thank us later.
- Angelic Bakehouse Hot Dog Buns
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Greens – sautéed is a great option!
- Red pepper
- Spicy mayo
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- Peel carrots and trim them so they fit in the hot dog bun
- Place in steamer insert in a saucepan with water. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes, or until tender
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Take carrots and place in container / dish and pour marinade over carrots
- Marinate overnight or for at least 2-3 hours. The longer, the better!
- Optional: warm up a grill pan and toast buns
- Add carrots to pan with a splash of the marinade and cook each side until browned
- Serve on buns and add favorite toppings!