Jenny’s Sweet Pea & Chili Crostini
From the creator of our delicious bread, comes this spicy and sweet appetizer. The perfect appetizer at your party, this quick and easy recipe is a great one to have on the back burner. Creamy ricotta deliciously balances the kick from spicy peas and crunch of toasted baguette for a flavor everyone will love. Pair with a white wine, rosé, or a light beer for the perfect party duo.
Author: Angelic Bakehouse
- 1 Angelic sprouted mash™ 7-grain baguette
- 1 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 5-6 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ tsp. salt and pepper
- Slice baguette diagonally into crostini-sized rounds.
- Brush both sides with EVOO then add salt and pepper.
- Lightly grill or bake.
- Top warmed crostinis with ricotta cheese.
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic and red pepper flakes with EVOO on medium-high heat for approximately two minutes.
- Add peas to sauce until warm, if using frozen, this step will take longer.
- Top crostinis with peas.
- Drizzle with extra sauce.
- Finish with a bit of fresh lemon zest.
Share this Post