Spiced Cranberry Jam
Looking for a way to liven up your breakfast spread? This spiced cranberry jam will win over your holiday house guests old and young as they slather the sweet and spicy jelly on hot sprouted grain toast. Use leftovers for a fancy PBJ or Flatzza®-based appetizer.
Author: Angelic Bakehouse
- 6 oz. cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- Zest from one orange
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring every few minutes, until sugar dissolves and berries pop, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend on high until berries and the skins are completely pulverized. (Alternative - use an immersion blender, but be very careful with the warm liquid.)
- Return mixture to saucepan and heat over low temperature, stirring every few minutes to prevent scorching.
- Cook until jam can coat the back of a spoon, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish, cover, and place in fridge to set. Cranberry jam will be ready right away, but better after an hour. Will keep, covered, for a couple weeks.
Share this Post